Would You Make a Pledge? Choose Your Level Below & Click The Button To Pledge Securely
JUST ADDED! – All pledges $100 & up get free $99 value access to Online Video Toolkit 2.0!
|Pledge $10||Every little bit helps!|
|Pledge $25||Pledge $25 and you’ll get your name (or business name) in the acknowledgements of each book and a digital copy of each book (Kindle, Nook, or PDF) as they are released.|
|Pledge $100||BEST DEAL! – Pledge $100 and you’ll get your name (or business name) in the acknowledgements and a physical, personally signed, copy of EACH book mailed to you as they are released.|
|Pledge $250||LINK INCLUDED ON THIS PAGE (BELOW) – Pledge $250 and you’ll get your name (or business name) and URL (linked in digital book and on this page) in the special acknowledgements and a digital copy of EACH book as they are released.|
|Pledge $1000||Pledge $1,000 and you’ll get your name (or business name) in the acknowledgements plus 5 signed copies of EACH book.
|Pledge $5000||LET’S GO FISHING! – Pledge $5,000 and Jim will fly you out to Cleveland, Ohio, put you up in a nice hotel and take you fishing one day, and spend the other day brainstorming with you about how to build the business you’ve always wanted, or improve the business you already have.
|Pledge $10000||Pledge $10,000 and Jim will speak at your company or conference and bring 25 copies of each book.
My name is Jim Kukral and I’m writing a new book series called Business Around a Lifestyle. It will have three volumes. I’m pre-funding these new books before I write them, so I’m asking you to take a look at the pledge options above and decide if you’d like to be a part of them. If you’d like to hear my story, watch the video at the top of this page, or/and read the frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the books about?
I believe that people do it wrong. Instead of deciding on a lifestyle, they build a career or business first, only later to realize that the business they have chosen does not assist them in living the life that they want. Make sense? You first need to figure out what you want in life. THEN build a business that helps you achieve that life.
Why do people do this? Because from birth we’re taught that we should all take a job we don’t like just to make money. Because money equals happiness… right? Wrong. Money makes things easier, yes. But what makes us really happy is living the life we want, and the sooner you realize that the better.
The Business Around a Lifestyle books are written to educate and motivate you. To help you realize that what you want to do with your life is always more important than the business that probably runs your life. It should be the other way around.
What are all three books about?
- Volume 1 will be about teaching you how to re-think what you have learned that has been holding you back. It will include interviews with successful lifestyle entrepreneurs and it will motivate you into beginning your own lifestyle plan.
- Volume 2 is all about how to take the knowledge and passion that is in your head and turn it into an Internet business of some type. It doesn’t matter who you are, or what you know a lot about, or what you’re passionate about, you can build a business on the Internet. This volume will include the how and why in complete detail, with examples.
- Volume 3 is all about building a business in the world of Affiliate Marketing.
What are you going to do with the money?
The money pledged will be used to hire a top-quality production team (editors, proofers, designers). It will also be used to help pay for the video production and editing. The rest of the money will be used to create additional books in this series, or otherwise. Or I’ll buy a Ferrari instead. Just kidding.
What does “pledge” mean exactly?
When you pledge a dollar amount to this project, it means that you are helping me write these books by essentially pre-ordering them. I could write them, then sell them, but what fun would that be? Plus, when you pre-order with a pledge you get a bunch of fun bonuses.
Will I still be able to buy this book on Amazon later?
Absolutely. The books will be available later on at all major retail outlets. However, the bonus items you get when you pledge early will not be available anymore.
How much money are you raising?
I don’t have an amount in my head. I look at it like early book sales. If you would ask me how many books would I like to sell? I’d tell you millions of dollars worth, right?
When will the books be finished?
Right now I’m shooting for a delivery day on Volume 1 by mid November 2011. With the other two books to follow shortly after that.
Why self-publish this way?
The traditional publishing model is broken. I know, I had my first traditionally published book published in August 2010. I learned that it takes too long to publish a book this way, and that I didn’t need a publisher to help me write books.
One of the great things about traditional publishing is that if you can get a contract, you usually get a signing bonus. That means you get paid to write the book. But it’s extremely difficult to get a contract with one of the big publishing houses. So what’s an author to do? Why not fund the book through your own fans and associates BEFORE you write it? That’s what I’m doing.
How much money have you raised so far?
Check the top of the page for updated numbers. I usually update it every other day or so.
Who is Jim Kukral?
I’m just a regular blue-collar Cleveland guy who happens to have over 16-years of experience building businesses on the Internet. If you’d like to read my full bio please head over to JimKukral.com/about. Here are some bullet-point highlights.
- Over 16-years of working on the Internet helping small, and large businesses and brands find success online
- Professor of Internet Marketing for the University of San Francisco Internet Marketing Certificate Program
- Author of multiple books, including the top-selling and highly-reviewed “Attention! This Book Will Make You Money”
- Quoted or featured in some way in publications such as Forbes, Brandweek, Entrepreneur, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, BusinessWeek, Inc., Small Business Trends, FeedFront, Revenue Today, Marketing Sherpa and Duct Tape Marketing network… to name just a few
- Presented to thousands of people at many different events all across America on the topics of Web-entrepreneurism, success and failure, Internet marketing and more
- Named as one of “The Most Influential Small Business People on Twitter” according to Dun & Bradstreet
- Chosen as one of 100 top small business influencers from The Small Business Influencer 2011 awards
- Failed more times than succeeded. But always learns and gets up to try again
- Dedicated family man and proud father
- Does not have a million dollars in a bank account
- Does not fly first-class or drive a super fancy car
- Does live the lifestyle he wants
- Does go trout fishing on weekdays when he feels like it
- Does not report to a boss (except his wife)
- Wants to help you achieve the lifestyle you’re looking for
Why not use Kickstarter to fund this project?
The first reason is they wouldn’t accept my project. Kickstarter only wants “creative projects”. But the real reason is that I didn’t need them, and neither do you. I’ve been raising money for projects for myself or my clients for years before sites like Kickstarter came around. With a little bit of setup, anyone can pre-fund a project such as a book, or anything they want using my simple Author Pre-Fund Formula. Contact me to hear more about how I can help you do it for your project.